Are you suffering from a bad case of writer’s block?
Has your muse deserted you in the middle of a story? Do your hands hover over your keyboard but don’t want to press down?
Don’t worry you’re not alone.
At some stage all writers lack inspiration and motivation. Sometimes just a few prompts can help the creative juices flow again, and wouldn’t we all rather be a waterfall than a dripping tap.
- Sunrises – how do they make you feel?
- Children’s giggles – why are they so happy?
- A stray dog comes to your door – what is his story?
- A young man glances at a woman across a road. There’s instant chemistry but as he steps towards her a car comes his way – what happens next?
- A bowl of warm porridge sits on a table. A child sits down – what happens next?
- Something magical appears when a door is opened – what is it?
- A gorilla breaks out of the zoo – how does he feel about freedom?
- The characters of your novel come alive – what are they doing now?
Let me know about any good prompts you’ve discovered lately.